« Home | Week 4 Blog » | Wal Mart and Arbys » | Week 3 Photos » | Songs of the Moment! » | Week 3 Blog » | Independence Day - LOL » | Photos - Week 1 » | Week 2 Blog » | Week 1 Blog » | I'm off, tomorrow! »

Week 5 Blog

Week 5 at camp was the last week of the 1st session. This week was when Color War would take place. I guess you culd say it is just like the Olympics - 4 team each with a theme and a color. The theme was The Wizard of Oz. I was to be in the Green(Scarecrow) team. The other teams were Gold(Lion), Red(Dorothy) and Blue(Tin Man).

As I wasn't teaching radio I had to go around with my team to various activities. This included Gaga, Soccer, Volleyball, Relay amongst others. On the first night, it as tug of war. Our kids were doing us proud! Then we had a staff tug of war - which counted for points! I was in the green tug of war tea. We won our first one, but our second was so tough. We were inches from winning but as it was so draining, we lost! Was a shame but good fun!

On the second night of the war, we had Color dances. There were 3 categories - Israeli, Modern and Stomp! We won the Modern, came second in the Israeli and 4th in Stomp! We were in the lead at this time!

The third day activities caused us to be second going into the final night activity - the singing. We had 3 songs - an Israeli song, a Fight song and a third. It was great and we won the Israeli and the Third songs which meant we won the Color War. It was great to win and the kids were so excited!

We had the Galil dance on the Thursday night which was really fun and also made me miss going out clubbing! LOL!

On Saturday it was the C.I.T's banquet and this year's theme was Harry Potter. They had turned the Dining Hall into Hogwarts with floating candles, the sorting hat, house areas, posters etc etc! It was amazing! Was so fun to see it all! The C.I.T's had dressed in Harry Potter costumes to add to the flava!

Sunday was the last day of camp and the kids left early, was sad to see some go but was a relief! I got a $60 tip from a family which was really nice! That night some of us went bowling at the local lanes which was really good! I didn't do too well though lol!

So the next set of kids arrive this Tuesday, I'm really excited!!!!! NOT!

Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets.