« Home | Week 8 Blog » | Week 7 Blog » | Week 6 Blog » | Week 5 Blog » | Week 4 Blog » | Wal Mart and Arbys » | Week 3 Photos » | Songs of the Moment! » | Week 3 Blog » | Independence Day - LOL »

Week 9 Blog

So yeah, the final week had begun with final teachings of Radio Chugim! On Monday evening they broke Color War to the kids and I was in Gold Game Boy. I was to participate in doing the Jug Band part of the dance routine night! The other teams in Color War were: Blue Transformers, Green G.I. Jones and Red Mr Potato Head.

Tuesday came and Color War had officially started. I was working with Jenna and Chris on the Jug Band. We recruited our band - one boy and one girl from each unit! Then we spent all day looking for instruments and brainstorming ideas for the routine. Jug Band is a little bit like Stomp - using lots of noisy items to create a beat! We had an idea to make beats of the classic Game Boy songs! Sadly when we were working on the ideas, Jimbo and Ian got fired from camp and left for New York. We were all gutted for them.

In the evening we had the Tug Of War. I was in the staff one again and our first tug lasted for around 5 minutes, we were so close to losing but we found the energy to bring it back and win! After this we had our Internation Dance in the Beit which was a laugh and was nice to hear some choons I haven't heard for ages!

On Wednesday we were in rehearsals all day. I was glad to get to the Dance Routine night as I could finish all these rehearsals and relax the next day! I was nervous for our kids but they did so well. We came 4th but it was close. Gold won the event overall and finished the day in 1st!

Thursday was the final day and was ending with the Zim at night (singing). So I relaxed all day and de-stressed myself after the tough work of the day before! The songs were amazing and we won the event and won the Color War. It was amazing especially that I was in the winning (green) team first session and also in the Second session! Obviously I am a lucky charm! hehe! On Thursday night, the International lad

As Color War was over and so was Chugim, Friday was Carnival day. They had all of these inflatable rides and a cook out for lunch. Was great! I did a huge wash and started packing towards the end of the day. The final Shabbat was happening while I did this. During dinner we had the final Shabbat Song Session which is always a great time!

Saturday was known as packing day so while Saturday Services were on, I continued with my packing! After lunch the International Lads sung our song on the cheese wheel in the Dining Hall. It was received with great appreciation! I was gutted to see, after lunch, thatCharlton had lost their match against Stoke - they still haven't won in the CCC! I just chilled for the rest of the day, packing some more. Then in the evening it was the C.I.T banquet. This time it was the theme of Monopoly! Was really nice food and an enjoyable evening! Song Session was great and quite emotional to see all the kids getting all upset about leaving. I was featured in the Photo slideshow a couple of times that they showed on screen! Then we went for the closing ceremony of camp in the Amphitheater. They had a fire display saying "Summertime Forever" which was really cool!

After this Arava went to the New Beit to write messages to each other. I had some nice ones written to me. It is the last time I'm gonna see some of the C.I.T's. I'm really gonna miss ones like P-Nut, Brian, Danna, Sarah etc etc. Our bunk then had a little party in there and we then went back to the bunk for the last time!

On Saturday, all of the kids went home after breakfast, as well as the C.I.T's. It was really sad to say goodbye. When everyone had gone we all finished packing, tidyed up camp and chilled. In the afternoon we had a final match of football against the Israeli's! After going a goal behind, we won the match 2-1! Was a tough game, especially in the pouring rain!

In the evening, we had a really nice steak meal and a fairwell speech from Frank. Everyone just chilled and we had a really good time. A load of us internationals just walked around camp for most of it which was nice! Eventually after some chillage, we all went to sleep.

Sunday was leaving day! We had a casual breakfast and emotionally said out goodbyes to everyone. We finished packing and then had to clean the lodge, so we did that and then it had to be cleared by Frank. Photos were taken aplenty of us outside the boys accomodation! Was great. The bus arrived, we boarded and were on our way to NYC, waving behind us to people still at camp and fighting back the emotions. After a few hours we were in NYC!

We checked into our Hostel after a Subway ride - Jazz on the City! I then went out with Jeroen, Dunstan, Simon and Ash to Downtown. I met up with Kirby (the girl who flew over with me) and she and her mates then camp with us to dinner at Planet Hollywood. We met loads of the other internationals and some of the Mishlahat. After a lovely meal and a few pints, we headed to Ha comedy club which was hilarious! Then we retired to our respective hostels, with me and Jeroen getting on a train no one believed would go to our hostel - oh how wrong they were!

This upcoming week will be immense!

Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets.