« Home | Week 12 Blog - New York is calling! » | Week 11 Blog - More travelling in the states! » | Week 10 Blog - The Travels Begin! » | Week 9 Blog » | Week 8 Blog » | Week 7 Blog » | Week 6 Blog » | Week 5 Blog » | Week 4 Blog » | Wal Mart and Arbys »

Week 13 - Last Couple Days

Monday

I woke up and went downtown to Times Square to do my last bits of Shopping. I went all over Times Square hehe to M&M's World, Hershey Store, Nintendo World and The MTV Store where I got little pressies for the family and then stuff for myself. I also got I (L) NY tees! I decided to treat myself to one last Chipotle in the USA, so I braved the queue of businessmen and women and finally got one. I really am gonna miss these hehe. I then couldn't be bothered to stay out much longer, so I went back to the Hostel, had a shower and then got ready to go to Shea Stadium.

Yes, I was going to see the New York Mets face the Atlanta Braves tonight at Shea, I was really excited. So I got back on the Subway to Times Square, changed to the 7 line and within 30 mins I was at Shea. The atmosphere outside was buzzin! I picked up my tickets from the self serve machine, tryed the free Choco Pudding sample and went to take my seat! I was in the top tier in line with the pitcher. Was a great view!

Mets were pitching first and the Braves obtained no runs. But good old Jose Reyes managed to make it round in Mets' first innings to put NY up 1-0.

It remained this until the 6th when a home run was hit from David Wright and as the Mets already had someone on a base, 2 were scored. Braves scored 2 in the next innings, but it finished 3-2 not needing the Mets' 9th inning! Go Mets Go! Was really cool when the crowd sung Sweet Caroline and Take me out to the Ball game.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Atlanta
0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2 5 0
NY Mets
1 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 X 3 5 0

I got the subway back to the Hostel and picked up some Booze and Pizza and chilled on the roof with the crew. Then to bed.

Tuesday to Wednesday - Goodbye USA

I finally was leaving the States. 3 months had passed and I cannot believe I was leaving to return home! Crazy shit. It was September 11th today and I was going to go to ground zero to see the ceremony, but I woke up and it was pissing it down with rain. So I woke a lil later, finished packing and checked out. But I stayed upstairs on the rood as I had a shuttle to the airport at 1445. I got myself some pizza for lunch and just waited for the shuttle.

Eventually 1445 came and I boarded the bus to JFK Terminal 4. There was a really nice girl called Holly on board who turned out to be on the same flight as me home! That was cool. We picked up a Scot named Callum who was cool and 4 Frenchies! The driver was fucking wierd, talking to himself and dancing etc in the seat. We were quite scared lol. When the frenchies were dropped off, they tipped him and he got back in his seat and laughed so hard I thought he was gonna explode.

So anyway me and Holly got off at JFK Terminal 4 and we checked in for VS046 JFK to LHR! The flight was full so we couldn't sit next to each other which was a shame. So we went through security (after I had to run and find a mail box lol) and sat by the gate. I had pizza again and got ESPN magazine to read. The plane was late arriving, so we were delayed for boarding. We started boarding at 1950, when we were meant to depart! But we all seemed to board quickly. It seemed to be my luck, I was sitting next to another person around my age and not some old fuck! The lovely Gemma and I started talking almost instantly and was a right laugh to sit next to her. She had been at a camp as well.

We ended up taking off at 2150 because the Captain said Air India messed up their taxing instructions! Hehe. So I watched Family Guy, How I Met Your Mother and Arrested Development on board. The meal was chicken and rice which was quite nice! Eventually, we started our descent down to LHR. I was feeling like shit, I had been going in and out of sleep for quite a while which sucked! We landed smoothly at 0930 (1hr 45 late) but unfortunately because LHR was busy we had to park at a remote stand, which meant getting off the plane and onto a bus. When we got off the plane, it was freeeeezing cold despite it being sunny. Guess it aint humid back home! hehe. We got through security quickly, our luggage was there quickly and I was about to walk through to the main terminal within 45 mins of stepping off the plane! I said goodbye to Gemma and then went and found Mum and Dad. It was so good and emotional to see them. After lots of hugs and kisses, we made our way back to the car and out of the airport...........

......thus ending my story and blog of an amazing summer. I have so many memories that I will never forget and hopefully will live with me for the rest of my life. Thanks to all who made it special!

James

Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets.